I’ve always wondered what our dog gets up to when we’re at work and he’s alone at home: Does he chill on the lawn? Does he dig holes? Does he run around flat out for a bit?
Well, it’s probably all of the above but the Nest line-up of camera and alarm systems could just be the ticket for me keeping tabs on my four-legged friend, especially the Nest Cam Outdoor.
Nest is the sister company of powerhouse Google and its range is now available in New Zealand. Products include:
- Nest Protect (NZD$219): a smoke and carbon monoxide alarm which doesn’t just yell at you, but talks to you when there’s something important you need to know. A product like no other in New Zealand.
- Nest Cam Indoor (NZD$359): the market leading camera which helps you not only monitor what’s happening in your home, but talk to it. Always on, think of it as your very own security guard.
- Nest Cam Outdoor (NZD$359): sometimes we keep our valuables outside. The weatherproof Nest Cam Outdoor takes care of those too. The proven most effective deterrent for would-be burglars.
- Nest Cam IQ Indoor (NZD$549): instead of just showing you what’s happening, Nest Cam IQ is smart enough to differentiate between a person and your cat, automatically zooming in on and tracking the person in the frame and alerting you accordingly.
- Nest Aware (from NZD$16): advanced cloud algorithms that kick in to give your camera smarter alerts and video history. Think of it like putting an entire supercomputer into your Nest Cam.
The products will be available online, in-store and through Meridian Energy from now.